2/1/16

God helps us handle spiritual trials

2 Peter 2:9-10; Psalm 34:17-19; Isaiah 43:2-3; Psalm 56:11-13; 51:10-12,17; 18:28-30,32;69:14-18;55:22;31:1-5,7-8;30:1-5
A) God knows your heart, circumstances and what to do about it.
2 Peter 2:9-10 Lord knows how to rescue godly people while keeping wicked under punishment

Psalm 34:17-19 Lord hears his people when they call on him for help

    • rescues from troubles
    • close to brokenhearted, 
    • rescues those whose spirits are crushed
The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.

Isaiah 43:2-3 
    • YOU go through deep waters, God will be with you
    • YOU go through rivers of difficulty, will not drown
    • YOU walk through fire of oppression, will not be burned up, not consumed
    • Lord, your God, Holy One of Israel, your Savior

B) When our response to God is humble, willful obedience to him we are protected and strengthened.
Psalm 56:11-13 I trust in God, why should I be afraid? What can anyone do to me?

    • I'll fulfill my vows to God, offer sacrifice of thanks for you help.
      • God has rescued me from dead, kept my feet from slipping
      • Now I walk in God's presence, God's life-giving light
Psalm 51:10-12 CREATE in ME a clean heart  renew a loyal spirit in me, don't banish me from your presents or take your Holy Spirit from me, RESTORE to me the joy of YOUR Salvation, make me WILLING to OBEY YOU GOD.

Psalm 51:17 Sacrifice God desires is a broken spirit, God won't reject a broken and repentant heart.

Psalm 18:28-30,32 God lights a lamp for me, God lights up my darkness IN GOD'S STRENGTH I can be victorious. God's way is perfect, promises are true, HE IS A SHIELD for all who look TO HIM for protection. God makes my way perfect.


C) Prayers emphasizing God over trials leads to salvation, hope, faith and joyful love.
Psalm 69:14-18 God rescues people who say "Come and redeem me, free me from my enemies." God rescues these people from the mud, from those who hate, from deep water and from pit of death.

    • God answers prayers because his love is unfailing, wonderful - he answers quickly
    • God takes care, his mercy is plentiful

Psalm 55:22 Give God your burdens, he will take care of you - not permitting the godly to slip and fall.

Psalm 31:1-5 Prayer:  Lord I've come for your protection, save me.
    • Listen to me, rescue me quickly
    • Be my rock, fortress
    • Honor your name
    • Lead me out of danger
      • Pull me from the trap my enemies set for me
    • I find protection in you alone
    • I entrust my spirit into you hand
    • Rescue me, for you are a faithful God
Psalm 31:7-8 I will be glad, rejoice in your unfailing love
    • You've seen my troubles
    • You care about the anguish of my soul
    • You set me in a safe place
Psalm 30:1-5 I will exalt you Lord
    • You rescued me, refused to let my enemies triumph over me
    • Lord my God, I cried to you for help
      • You restored my health
      • brought me up from the grave
      • kept me from falling into the pit of death
    • Sing to the Lord, godly ones, praise his holy name
      • his anger last a moment, his favor lasts a lifetime
      • weeping last through the night
        • but joy comes with the morning


Daniel 3:16-18
16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand.18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”