1/21/17

Your words were found and I ate them (Jeremiah 15:16)

Jeremiah 15:16 ESV
Your words were found, and I ate them,
    and your words became to me a joy
    and the delight of my heart,
for I am called by your name,
    O Lord, God of hosts.

In the book Passion Cry by Robbie Symons, Chapter Seven: "The Fuel of Passion: Truth" starts with this verse. The book lays out "patterns found in God's Word that add up to a life sold out for the kingdom of God. They are listed on page 36 as;
  • Repent of any and all false treasures
  • Focus on your reward
  • Live for what God blesses
  • Renew you mind
  • Pray for such passion
  • Simplify you life and 
  • Anticipate God's move
Your words were found and I ate them
  The author links together Matthew 13:44-44, the hidden treasure that was found, brought joy and then he sold all he had to rightfully have the treasure (as was the law at in that day). We internalize the word, meditate on it and it brings strength and growth. 

and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart,
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Rejoice in the Lord, always. 

for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hots.
  • Saved, called to a holy calling - not becuase of works but his purpose and grace (2 Timothy 1:9)
  • Many are called, few are chosen (Matthew 22:14)
  • God works all things together for good for those who are called according to his puporse (Romans 8:28-30)
  • Concider you calling (1 Corinthian 1:26)
  • He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:6)