7/24/17

Is God Really Good


"Is God Really Good?" - Psalm 73 - Troy Dobbs
Watch • Listen •  Outline
Pain suffering illness 
 - heartbreak in general 

Marriage, call our mentee couple 

Psalm 73

until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I discerned their end.
Psalms 73:17 ESV

Worship and prayer changes everything in our lives.
 - worship reveals reality 
 - 

When my soul was embittered, when I was pricked in heart, I was brutish and ignorant; I was like a beast toward you.
Psalms 73:21‭-‬22 ESV

When we worship God, we understand our own faults before God. 
 - if while you give your offering it comes to mind someone has something against you. Drop it and go make it right.

Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand.
Psalms 73:23 ESV

God holds us through our questions
 - come together in corporate worship, hear the truth. He doesn't leave us.
 - we don't his hand. He holds ours. Like us with children. Protection, caring 
 
He councils us through our pain
 - not abandoned 
 - gift of Himself

****Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
Psalms 73:25 ESV

People in relationship with God have the best of both worlds 
Phil 1:21, live and die, all gain

****My flesh and my heart may fail, BUT GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 ESV

Titus 3:4, But...

But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
Titus 3:4‭-‬6 ESV

Good is being perfect, finished, whole, complete. Genesis 1...

Good is abundance, it wasn't good to be alone... Adam said, it's good!

Good is morally right, Psalm 25:8, 

Is God Good? Take it out of our context, to God's word. Is he perfect, abundant, morally right? God can do nothing other than the best. God is always good without fluctuating. 

Hope in God, not a job.

He councils us, doesn't freeze us out. 

*****But for me, it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works.
Psalms 73:28 ESV


Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.....My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
James 5:13‭-‬16‭, ‬19‭-‬20 ESV