7/27/17

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones (Proverbs 16:24)

I gave a challenge to my friend Jason this past Sunday. Each day write five things you're thankful for, then thank God for them in prayer. Then after a week we'd be surprised by what happens when we give thanks to God. We'd come to realize what God has done and is doing in our lives. Our faith, hope and love would grow as we obey God in seeking his face. I've noticed myself being thankful for the past, leading to the present and looking towards the future.

1 Chronicles 16:10-12 says, "Glory in His holy name; Let the heart of those who seek the LORD be glad. Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually. Remember His wonderful deeds which He has done, His marvels and the judgments from His mouth,"
 - Adam/Eve, Cain/Able, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Issaac, Jacob, Rueban/Joseph/Judah, Moses/Pharaoh, Joshua, Daniel/Nebuchadnezzar, Isaiah, David/Solomon, Jesus

What I'm thankful for today. A good night's rest, waking up to my peaceful loving marriage with Kim. I'm healthy and clear minded - looking forward to working today. I'm blessed with good employees who I care about. I'm blessed with good business partners who have ambition and drive to succeed. I live in a community where I know my neighbors and get along with them, friendly gestures feel good. I have a lot to be thankful, today I'd like to pay it forward and be part of someone else's thanksgiving.