11/19/17

Biblical ideas I think will interest you

9 Easy Tips That Will Improve Bland Writing
I'm working on creating a simple set of one Bible verse with two discussions questions, for lunchtime gatherings at work. The idea that excited me from the Grammarly blog was the creative writing was analogous to cooking. I thought, "I need to spice up my gospel".

Considering the gospel is like the newspaper (get it "good news"), where are the points of interests my audience would want to turn to? For professional people who may not have a Christian background, wisdom writings seem like a good place to start. So, I used this handy tool openbible.info and found some gems
"A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold." - Proverbs 22:1 ESV

  1. What examples in your life can you think of where a "favor" or "a good name" is better than money?
  2. What does choosing a good name rather than riches look like in your life?

Train up a child in the way he should go;
    even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 ESV

"Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed,
    for he shares his bread with the poor." Proverbs 22:9 ESV

"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." Luke 11:9 NLT

  1. What questions repeatedly came up in your life where you received an answer, found a solution or a door was opened?
  2. How would life improve if everyone communicated with each other using the ask, seek, knock method Jesus suggested?