1/17/18

Ears to hear and eyes to see - both are gifts from the Lord. (Proverbs 20:12)

My friend is going to Jordan in March this year. They will be aiding our wonderful missionaries in their work and partnerships with anti-trafficking safe homes, refugee learning centers and local middle eastern churches.
These thoughts came to mind in prayer, people have been blessed with ears to hear so that they can understand.
Matt 11:15,Deut 29:4, Isaiah 6:10, Luke 8:4-18, Proverbs 20:12
Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand! (Matt 11:15), But to this day the Lord has not given you minds that understand, nor eyes that see, nor ears that hear! (Deuteronomy 29:4) The rest of  passage gives evidence of why our hearts are hardened by God (Deuteronomy 29:2-29,19,24,25,29), making his word of little impact in our lives (Isaiah 6:10, Luke 8:10-14)

Lord give me wisdom that I would pay attention to how I hear. To listen for more understanding. History shows that when I'm not listening, even what I think I understand will be taken away from me.

Help me to follow where you lead, to understand and trust you fully. Amen