4/26/18

I shall call upon Him as long as I live (Psalm 116:1-2)

I'm reading 21 days of breakthrough prayer and today's focus is Psalm 116:1-2
I love the Lord, because He hears [and continues to hear]
My voice and my supplications (my pleas, my cries, my specific needs).
Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I will call on Him as long as I live. AMP

God calls us to "stand in the gap" and intercede for those he's placed in our lives. The promise of God is that when we do this we will not be put to shame, but see God working. It reminds of the opening scene of "It's a Wonderful Life" where people are praying for in the begining and a family intercedes for Goerge Baily.
Goerge comes to himself and experiences God's intervention for the rest of the movie.

God promises we will not be put to shame when we come to him with our burdens and needs.
Psalm 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
Isaiah 57:15
For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.
Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Not put to shame in the Bible

No comments: