10/28/18

Abiding in Christ: the act of receiving and trusting all that God is for us in Christ (John 15:1-12)

I listen to podcasts via youtube often and I'm often delighted by Desiring God's Ask Paster John. I was on my way home from Visiting Jason when I heard what-does-it-mean-to-abide-in-christ and two-strategies-to-win-the-war-on-lust.

Jason showed me "My Side Walk has a Hole in it: Auto-Biography in 5 chapters" which led me to pray him to commit to 100% abstinence from drugs. A promise to God and yourself to say, "never again - for any reason".

Matthew 5:37, Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ Anything more comes from the evil one.

So back to the podcasts, Abide in Christ (John 15-1-12, "the act of receiving and trusting all that God is for us in Christ") and winning the spiritual war via Resistance (from world, flesh, devil) and Reception (Holy Spirit, God's Word) = New Creation

No comments: