4/6/19

The Most High doesn’t live in temples made by human hands (Acts 7:48, Isaiah 66:1-5)

I've been in "a mood" from hearing that my Friend will not be able to participate in ministry with me. He's disqualified himself via past choices, however, I firmly believe it would be good for him to join me. As God often does, he brings the right counsel at the perfect time to help me through my "moods" and brings me into clarity. It is well with my soul. Thank you Lord. I can hardly believe it but this is my first post with the tag, "Rejection" - it's not the first rejection, but surprising to me I haven't touched on it sooner - must be my positive disposition.

In the title LORD Most High, the Hebrew words are Elohim Yahweh. We describe objects of exaltation as being “higher” than we are: higher in rank, in title, in beauty, in position, or in intelligence. Even authority is referred to in terms of height, from top-level management down to the common worker. Height conveys the idea of superiority in power, strength, and authority. So God Most High or LORD Most High means that there is no god, idol, or created being that should be worshiped or exalted above Yahweh, the LORD, because He is superior in every way. - Why is God described as God Most High?
 - Lord you are my God, and I will every praise you alone.

In Acts 7 Stephen is warning the people who are mistaken in their religion, he does this through the teaching of the prophets in the power of the Holy Spirit. Acts 7:2,3-55,51,55

https://biblehub.com/isaiah/66-4.htm is a great resource.
Good News Translation
So I will bring disaster upon them--the very things they are afraid of--because no one answered when I called or listened when I spoke. They chose to disobey me and do evil."

  • People refused to listen to Samuel. "No!" they said. - 1 Samuel 8:19
    • Samuel was giving them God's word, not his own ideas.
  • And he did evil in the sight of the LORD by following the abominations of the nations that the LORD had driven out. - 2 Kings 21:2
  • He sacrificed his own son in the fire, practiced sorcery and divination, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did great evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking Him to anger. 2 Kings 21:6
    •  Today I see divination, consulted mediums and spiritists as when we listen to music
    •  Music is extremely influential, passive hearing is very powerful

Now it gets personal:

  • Because you refused my call, and no one took my outstretched hand, Proverbs 1:24, 
  • So they will eat the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. Proverbs 1:31
  • For the waywardness of the simple will slay them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them. Proverbs 1:32
  • What the wicked dreads will overtake him, but the desire of the righteous will be granted. Proverbs 10:24


Wowza, thank you Lord that rejection comes with promises of blessing and justice.  https://biblehub.com/isaiah/66-5.htm,

  • They replied, "You were born in utter sin, and you are instructing us?" And they threw him out. John 9:34
  • If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. John 15:18
  • They will put you out of the synagogues. In fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. John 16:2
    • It's okay to be rejected when you're doing the right thing, don't dispare anymore - God knows and will comfort you
    • Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10
    • You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. Matthew 10:22
    • When Jesus said this, all His adversaries were humiliated. And the whole crowd rejoiced at all the glorious things He was doing. Luke 13:17
Thank you Lord, you have ministered to my soul. Bless you Lord, thank you for coming into my life and making me whole. Today, help me live by your truth and bring healing through my hands and feet. In Jesus name, AMEN!

No comments: