5/23/19

Understanding God's will begins with surrender, continues in obedience guided by God's word

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. (Romans 12:1-2)

We need one another to be successful in our understanding of God's will

Epaphras, a member of your own fellowship and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends you his greetings. He always prays earnestly for you, asking God to make you strong and perfect, fully confident that you are following the whole will of God. (Col 4:12)

We need to decide to follow the Lord's way against falsehood

From Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way.
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
I have sworn [an oath] and have confirmed it, That I will keep Your righteous ordinances (Psalm 119:104-106)

Loving Wiersbe

No comments: