10/27/19

Cornelius proves all people hear God, Peter proves our ministry of reconciliation (Acts 10)

Key verses
“Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.” – Acts 8:4
"Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right." - Acts 10:34-3

AIM: In Jesus, every sin is forgiven, in relationships, we find reconciliation to God.

Acts 10
A) Cornelius a godly man eager and ready to receive the Lord Jesus
1-6) Cornelius devout, God-fearing man, generous to poor, prayed regularly to God and saw an angel in a vision.
received instructions to get Simon
He was missing the message of Good News Acts 10:36-43, that there is peace with God through Jesus Christ
44-46) He was missing the Holy Spirit

B) Peter receives a triple visual reminder to feed the lambs with love
Meanwhile, God gives Peter a vision three times, he thinks it's related to food because of his fasting. However like when Jesus said "feed my sheep" three times. It's meant more than food. God commanded Peter not to call something unclean if God has made it clean. Acts 10:15, Acts 10:19-20 Go with the men sent by God, Acts 10:28-29 tell them what the vision means "I should no longer think of anyone as impure or unclean" Acts 10:28
How do I interpret what I see in God's word? What actions will I take in faith?

C) Peter's call is confirmed by Cornelius testimony
In Cornelius' testimony (Acts 10:30-33)
three times? Peter must have thought of the other three times. sheet with many things not just Cornielous, it's not what
goes into a man that makes him unclean. Repetitive for a reason.

What barriers in my world could the gospel remove? Work, family, church, community, racial, religious, political, tradition.

In this lesson, I had a vision of creating thanksgiving cards for my guys in Alpha at mntc, and use the same ones for my co-workers.
"Blessings brighten when we count them" on the cover.

Inside share the gospel. "In Jesus Christ, all is forgiven, in relationships, we find reconciliation to God. I count you as a blessing in my life and appreciate our relationship."


No comments: