11/27/19

Divine Appointments in life and in Acts

Thinking about faith and hearing God's voice to take action. An action that leads to sharing the gospel (God's good news) with someone specific. 

This happened to me last week when I was doing our last Alpha at Amerirpsie "what about the church?" and I wore a lapel pin of a dove. When I got to work I received an invitation for dinner with colleagues visiting from London. I thought maybe I shouldn't wear this, then I thought maybe I should share why I'm wearing it? 

This led to interesting conversations regarding faith, life, and Jesus. I was able to share why I believe - where my life was before God rescued me and they affirmed my story because they know me now. We had a wonderful evening together sharing about life outside work, family, hobbies. I always enjoy hearing what others believe and how it impacts their life. 

We don't always get to see the result of our sharing like we see it in Acts. However, when we share in love we will see clearly from heaven (1 Cor 13:12). Faith, hope and love last forever but the greatest is love (1 Cor 13:13). 

  • Aeneas is healed when Peter shares Jesus Christ heals you Acts 9:32-33
  • Agabus shares specific revelations from God, helping others (one of seventy Luke 10:1-24, Acts 11:27-28, Acts 21:10-12)

A great resource to learn more about the people of Acts, I'm excited to learn more about the transition from Barnabas to Silas and Judas (Acts 15:22,27,32) to Timothy (Acts 16:1).

No comments: