5/22/20

Mercy and justice both come from God, so they are not competitors

Reading BeMature, he talks about Mercy and Justice. "Where God finds repentance and faith, He is able to show mercy; where He finds rebellion and unbelief; He must administer justice. It's the heart of the sinner that determines the treatment he gets. See Matthew 18:21-35"

This reminded me of Judging people in love, according to the faith and I was struck by how often the "day of Judgement" is talked about by Jesus and in the Bible. So I was reminded that Peter reminds us God is able to His fulfill his promises, patiently (2 Peter 3).

Prayer: Lord, thank you for praying for us (John 17), your prayers were clearly powerful and effective. Lord, clean me from the inside that my life shines and living water flows out to nourish those around me. Let your love, heal me, and bring new fruitfulness. Prune away what is not fruitful. So on that day when we are face to face, you will know me - unmistakably part of your body. Thank you Lord for giving me spiritual food. Let my work honor your name today. Amen.

No comments: