10/21/20

Sacrifice that pleases God, Jesus and our holiness for Him (Genesis 8:21)

 Genesis 8:28-21, tells us that God commanded Noah to leave the Ark, and in doing so - He first offered a Sacrifice to God that was pleasing to God. 

BSF lesson asked me what sacrifice is ultimately pleasing to God and what sacrifice can I make today that is pleasing to God. I never before connected the promise of God in Genesis 8:21-22 to Romans 3:25-26 "because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished" - His forbearance was the provision of Christ's atoning work on the Cross. "God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness."

Read these verses to see God's work in Noah's life, Noah's response and the impact Noah's response had on God. I love how Genesis 8:21 tells us "God said in his heart," isn't this wonderful! 

Gen 8:15-22; John 12:27-33; Romans 3:25-26; 1 Peter 2:21-24;Proverbs 21:3; Hosea 6:6; Micah 6:8; John 15:13; Romans 12:1-2; Hebrews 13:15-16

Personal lessons: 

Jesus died to make us right with God

 - “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness" 1 Peter 2:24

 - This is demonstrated in John 12:31-33, "Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die."

 - Lord, let me die to sin and live for righteousness. Right, just, merciful, acknowledging God, humbly with God, to lay down my life for my friends, not conformed to the pattern of this world but transformed by the renewing of my mind. Help me to see your will and approve of it in me. You have glorified yourself and you are doing it again. Amen. Selah. 

Bring our first to God (each morning, each blessing, each thought)

 - I like BibleHub because of the Cross References to other Bible passages in line with the verse. Reviewing Gen 8:20, showed me Able brought the firstlings (Gen 4:4).

Pray for our family, interceding on their behalf: 

 - BibleHub also showed me that Job was concerned for his family's well-being. Knowing each person has a heart where every inclination is evil from Childhood (Gen 8:21), Job would interecede for them (Job 1:5)

 - Noah may have been following God's instruction to leave the Ark and realized sin in his family and perhaps his own attitude in the work. So instead of complaining he built an alter to the Lord and as Heb 11:7, talks about His Faith leading to actions for God and his family. "By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in godly fear built an ark to save his family. By faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith. "

Live for God daily, kindness toward everyone

 - Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

No comments: