11/22/20

Believing Abram receives God's shield, reward, and covenant promises (Gen 15)

A) Abram receives the LORD's grace through faith and obiedence. 

15:1) Word of Lord in vision: "Don't be afraid, shield, reward"

 - Nissi, The Lord is my Banner (Shield, family crest)

 -   Application: What battle have I been called to fight and what battle have I been called to praise God? How will I understand that the Lord is my Banner when life and death are on the line? (Ex 17:8-16)

2-3) Abram "Sovereign Lord, I'm childless, my estate to servants?"

4-5) word of Lord came "no, your own flesh and blood, stars in sky offspring"

6) Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness

 - Justification is evidenced by Peace of God (Gen 15:6, Rom 5:1, Phil 4:4-7)

7-11) Lord and Abram converse, "I am LORD, take you out, give you land, possess", "how?","Bring me heifer, goat, ram, doe, pigeon", cut in half, drove birds of prey away

12-16) Abram sleep, dreadful darkness, LORD "400 years descendants strangers, enslaved, mistreated. I will punish the nation they serve - they come out great possessions - you'll go to ancestors in peace.

17-20) sunset, dark, smoking firepot, blazing torch between pieces LORD covenant, your descendants this land

No comments: