2/28/21

Repentance means forsaking the old you, to renounce and abandon iniquity

 A popular song "born this way" echos American culture's fallacious desire that the individual is the definer of identity. To add preferred pronouns that "help" people join into another person's belief about themselves, really attempting to redefine language. I offended a family member and friend when our state tried to pass the law on "Protecting marriage as defined as one man and one woman." I said, "what will we do with words like mother, father, husband, and wife? Are the roles and people not distinctive?" I like openbible.info as it has great resources added and voted up by people wanting to know what the Bible says about various topics such as marriage, and identity

It's interesting how some say they "follow the science" but not when it comes to biology. I'm all for changing laws that add new definitions that support individual convictions. To make "civil unions" synonymous with marriage in regards to federal tax breaks, pension rights, and other benefits is fine and good. But redefining marriage is adding to a foundation of sand that easy divorce created in society. 

When all this change was happening, I realized that marriage was redefined when the marriage vows were abandoned by the majority of people. Divorce in the church and scandalous iniquity paved the way. If biological men have abused or abandon their role in the family the solution is to build better men, not redefine what "being a man" means.

I can relate to wanting change others don't agree with. I personally don't like being categorized as "racially white", I believe in one race, one blood (Gen 1:27). I'm part of the human race, not the white race. My skin isn't white and others are not black, our pigments are shades of brown, our features are familial. Anglo-Saxon are family names, Caucasian is a family name, Israel is a family name (Simian the Semites, Judah Jews). We will see every tribe, tongue, and people group in heaven (Rev 7:9).

So here's the good news, you don't have to carry forward the "empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors (1 Peter 1:18)." You can embrace the identity given by or creator God. He tells us who he is in the Bible and why he created you. You can sing a new song, "I'm born-again this way";

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. - Genesis 1:27 ESV

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. - 2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. - 1 Peter 2:9 ESV

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” - Jeremiah 1:5 ESV

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20 ESV

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. - Jeremiah 29:11 ESV

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. - Ephesians 2:10 ESV

Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. - 1 Corinthians 12:27 ESV

No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. - John 15:15 ESV

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV 

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. - 1 John 3:1-3 ESV

No comments: