3/9/21

Counterfeit Christians live a lifestyle of deception

In my regular Bible study of BSFGenesis (Gen 31:20), I saw a definition of "deceive" as "withholding the truth", searching the Bible I was reminded that the devil is a liar (proactive falsehood) and a deceiver (passive falsehood). There's a distinct difference between lying and deceiving, yet both are tools of the thief who wants to steal, kill and destroy (Matthew 10:10). Jesus is the good shepherd, lays down his life, while the thief runs when the going gets tough (Matthew 10:11-13). True Christians are his flock and listen to him (Matthew 10:14-18, Romans 12:1-3)

 - “‘Do not steal. “‘Do not lie. “‘Do not deceive one another. (Lev 19:11)

 - "The serpent deceived me and I ate" (Gen 3:13)

Being under deception is internalizing a falsehood, accepting something false as true. There's an old saying, "what the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care."

I heard a person say that counterfeit currency can be used in the world to buy and sell goods - however, when it gets to the bank, it's over.

Jesus teaches about Living Water at Festival of Tabernacles (John 7)

  • Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. Matthew 24:4, Mark 13:5
  • For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. Matthew 24:5, Mark 13:6, Luke 21:8
  • and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Matthew 24:11
  • For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. Matthew 24:24, Mark 13:22

No comments: