8/17/21

Prayer: Urgent, continual reliance on the grace of God (Acts 13:42-52)

What I'm doing this morning, I do every morning: Do your best to present yourself to God, approved after being tested. I want to be a good and noble vessel, ready and useful to God. The purpose of this time is to move up and see clearly how I can best serve the Lord. Some days are better than others. Today I'm excited to help my work colleagues advance their capabilities and succeed. It's SALT and LIGHT today. My prayer is that we are what God has called us to be, holy His. I'm grateful for this Day 4 of 40Days (Acts 13:42-52).

Acts 13:42-43) Paul and Barnabas, large fan club of Jews: urgent, continual reliance on the grace of God

44-45) Next week most of city came to hear the word of the Lord, Jews jealous, slandered them

46-47) bold declare: first Jews who rejected God's word, judging themselves unworthy of eternal life - now for Gentiles

‘I have made you a light to the Gentiles, to bring salvation to the farthest corners of the earth. Isa 49:6

 - Message: The living Word of God engages and intrigues us right where we are

 - Gently instruct those who oppose the truth (2 Timothy 2:25)

48-49) Gentiles VERY glad, THANKED the LORD - all who were chosen for eternal life became believers, spreading the message

50) Jews stirred up influential religious leaders, ran Paul and Barnabas out of town

51-52) Shook dust from feet as sign of rejection, to Iconium - disciples filled with joy and the Holy Spirit.

Daily Reading for Personal Growth, 40 Days with God

40 daily Scripture readings that illustrate the character of God and the nature of faith.


No comments: