7/9/22

Change is happening, hearts turning toward family (Malachi 4:5-6, Luke 1:17)

See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes. He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.” Malachi 4:5-6

Speaking about an unborn child (John the Baptist) an Angel said: "And he will go on before the Lord in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous--to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Luke 1:17

I've enjoyed a few months of quiet, rest, and relaxation. We went to Salt Lake City, Jackson WY, Grand Tetons, and Yellowstone. I also went to a leadership retreat in Dallas for BSF with Kim. The Lord confirmed to me that I would spawn a new leader's meeting at 9pm CST Friday night providing a greater opportunity for people in Asia to enjoy a Saturday morning leaders meeting. 

The conference in Arlinton included over 2,000 lay leaders who teach others how to lead Bible Studies. "We believe people discover their true purpose and identity by knowing God through His Word. That is why BSF offers free, in-depth Bible studies in community for people of all ages around the world." 

The first day of our conference was Thursday night June 23 and went until Saturday 25. It was wonderful to meet with people from all over the world and learn how to be better leaders. 

Friday June 24 my wife told me that Roe v Wade was overturned by the SCOTUS and several states had triggered laws that banned abortion in the USA. I've listened to both sides of the abortion argument and can see where both sides are coming from. I believe Jesus explained the spiritual reality that people go through the best when he explained the purpose of a rich and satisfying life in contrast to working for money. My prayer is that the eyes of the blind will be opened and they will hear with their ears, understand in their hearts, turn to Christ and be saved. 

Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep. A hired hand will run when he sees a wolf coming. He will abandon the sheep because they don’t belong to him and he isn’t their shepherd. And so the wolf attacks them and scatters the flock. The hired hand runs away because he’s working only for the money and doesn’t really care about the sheep.

“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd.

“The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again. No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”

When he said these things, the people were again divided in their opinions about him. Some said, “He’s demon possessed and out of his mind. Why listen to a man like that?” Others said, “This doesn’t sound like a man possessed by a demon! Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?” John 10:9-21

Not a person is how people justify killing others

I'm looking forward to Healing night at Alpha MNTC today. 

No comments: