3/23/24

Principles and applications in praying for others

  • Jesus prays with eyes toward heaven. When I pray what is my focus on?
  • Jesus praying for glory, in order he may glorify the Father. When I pray in my hour of need how will I glorify God? 
  • Jesus was given authority over all people. When I pray, will I focus on the author and perfecter of our faith? Hebrews 12
  • Jesus was granted authority to give eternal life to everyone given to him. If eternal life is knowing and abiding in God (John 15-16), how great is living under the authority of Jesus?
Studying the Gospel of John in  BSF this year has given me a new perspective on "the least of these" Jesus speaks about in Matthew 25. 

I've learned in serving my Father in Law after the stroke that faith grows daily. I've watched him go from crippled to walking, healing is a miracle and motion in medicine. While all this was happening I was studying John 12-13.
  • Then Jesus cried out, "Whoever believes in Me does not believe in Me alone, but in the One who sent Me (John 12:44).
  • Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever receives the one I send receives Me, and whoever receives Me receives the One who sent Me (John 13:20)."
John listened to our recommendations and accepted our help. Often in life we shy away from receiving love from others. Advanced Neurologic Therapy has been wonderful. "So if you consider me a partner, welcome him as you would welcome me (Philemon 1:17)."

I would thank God for John's healing every day with him. Now John started praying with us over meals. "You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit (1 Thessalonians 1:6)."

I've known for a long time that faith comes by hearing the message about Christ but over time I'm seeing that faith comes when we love people as though they are Christ. "and even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself (Galatians 4:14)"

Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me (Matthew 10:40)."
"Whoever listens to you listens to Me; whoever rejects you rejects Me; and whoever rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me (Luke 10:16)."

Grateful to God for answered prayers. Salvation, mercy, loving kindness, faith, hope, and love. 


God has deposited His power in us
Luke 24:49 NLT
49 “And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.
Acts of the Apostles 1:8 NLT
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Ephesians 3:20 NKJV
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

We must release His power through prayer
John 7:37-39 NKJV
37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
Daniel 10:2-3 NKJV
2 In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. 3 I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
Daniel 10:12-13 NKJV
12 Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia.

God adds His fire (power) to our prayers
Revelation 5:8 NKJV
8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Revelation 8:1-5 NKJV
1 When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets. 3 Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.
Luke 3:16 NKJV
16 John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

No comments: