1/2/16

God will help me handle stress

John 14:27; Psalm 46:1-3; 3:3-4,6;Philippians 4:6-7; Isaiah 41:10; 1 Peter 5:6-11; Psalm 121:7-8; 56:3-4,8-9;2 Timothy 1:7,9; Psalm 91:3-7; Isaiah 26:3-4


John 14:27 Jesus gave us the gift of peace of mind and heart so I won't let my heart be troubled or afraid

Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear calamity around us.

Psalm 3:3-4, 6 The Lord is a shield around me, I call out to him and he answers me. I will not fear a thousand assailants.

Philippians 4:6-7  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 41:10 God commands us not to fear because he is with us, do not be dismayed, He is my God. He will strengthen me, help me and uphold me with his righteous\victorious right hand

The command is, Cast your anxiety on God. The promise is, God cares for you. That means, he cares about the thing that has you worrying. He wants to be trusted for that. - John Piper
1 Peter 5:6-11 I will be humble under the mighty power of God, giving him my worries and cares - knowing he cares for me. I'll be alert watching out for my enemy the devil and rather than fight or flight (as the world says) - I will stand firm, strong in the faith and I'll remember to pray for others going through this same struggle and suffering as I am. (context of elders)
     Matthew 11:28 - God will take the load, give you rest
     Psalm 55:22 - Give your burdens to God
     Isaiah 46:4 - Even at the end of life, God carries our burdens and saves
     Isaiah 64:4 - No eye has seen, no ear has heard what God has in store for those who wait for him

Psalm 121:7-8 The Lord keeps me from harm, watches over my life - both now and forever

Psalm 56:3-4,8-9 When I'm afraid, I'll trust in you, praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid - what can mortals do to me? You keep track of my sorrows but my enemies will retreat when I call on you for help. I know God is for me.

2 Timothy 1:7,9 Spirit of God does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. God saved us, called us to live a holy life. His plan is to show us grace (undeserved favor of God) through Christ Jesus.

Psalm 91:3-7 God will rescue me from every trap, protect me from deadly disease, he will cover, shelter me - his faithful promises are my armor and protection. Evils will not touch me.

Isaiah 26:3-4 God will keep me in perfect peace as I trust in him and fix my thoughts on him. Trust in the Lord always, Lord God is the eternal Rock.




Thanks to Jack Countryman and his "God's promises for your life" book