4/10/16

Look up when your feeling down

Psalm 42-43
The start of second book of Psalms by the sons of Korah, we remember Korah incites rebellion against God and loses everything back in Numbers 16-17. George Kenworthy gives an excellent presentation about how to "look up when your feeling down" by putting your hope in God and praising him - remember him and not your past.

 I can look up when I feel down if I change my thinking (Psalm 42:1-5)
- Why I feel down - 5 types of stresses

  1. Physiological Stress: diet, sleep, exercise
  2. Psychological Stress: thinking, 
  3. Circumstantial Stress: job loss, changes
  4. Emotional Stress: stages of grief
  5. Spiritual Stress: Eph 6

- How to look up when you feel down (verse 5)

I can look up when I feel down if I change my theology (Psalm 42:6-11)
- Why I feel down
- How to look up when you feel down

I can look up when I feel down if I change my view of my tormentors (Psalm 43:1-5)
- Why I feel down (verses 1 and 2)
- How to look up when you feel down





Date: 
Apr. 3, 2016
"Look Up When You're Feeling Down" from Grace Church on Vimeo.
 Scripture Reference: 
Psalm 42 and 43
 Guest Speaker: 
Dr. George Kenworthy
- See more at: http://www.atgrace.com/information/general/sermon-archive/sermon/look-when-you%E2%80%99re-feeling-down#sthash.JWyioGBU.dpuf

Other helpful resources by Daniel Amen