8/9/16

Faith healing occurs in Biblical times

I've been listening to John Bevere of Messenger International. He believes in faith healing that occurs today, just as it did in Bible. I thought, is that really true? What about real physical problems? What support does the Bible give for this notion? The results surprised me and changed my life. Jesus made the lame walk, the blind see and even the dead rise and the Bible says Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever. So here's what I've found regarding physical healing in the Bible.

God desires to heal us

  • James 5:14 acknowledges that believers can be sick and gives specific recommendation - let them call on the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 
  • Jesus said, "come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28). Philippians 4:19 promises that my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.



God can accomplish the impossible

  • God upholds us with and promises to be with those who acknowledge him as Lord (Isaiah 41:10)
  • Psalm 107:19-21 says when they cried to the Lord in their trouble, he saved them from their distress. He send out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind. 
  • Worship the Lord your God and his blessings will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you (Exodus 23:25). Romans 12:1-2 tells us that offering ourselves to God is our spiritual act of worship. 


Nothing can stand against God's plan for your life

  • Ephesians 1:3-8 You've been given every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because of Jesus Christ
  • Ephesians 2:1-10 You were once dead in sin, now alive in Christ Jesus. You've been given work to accomplish before time began (only for you), you can do it today or suffer 40 years and then do it - but you will do it.
  • Ephesians 2:11-22 You were out, now "in Christ" for he brought peace to us, unity joined together carefully and we have God's holy Spirit living inside us (Eph 2:22).


Healing occurs for those who have faith (and faith comes by hearing the word about Christ Romans 10:17)

  • Psalm 30:2; Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.
  • Proverbs 4:20-22, says "My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one's whole body". 
  • Way back in Exodus 15:26 "He said, "if you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you."

Pray in Spirit against the infirmity in your life

  • God has given us all we need to fight against the devil's schemes, see more here






Healing Bible Verses