6/19/17

Practice sinning or practice righteousness


https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+3%3A4-10&version=NLT

Sin is lawlessness. Unruly. "I do what I do because I want what I want"

John is talking to the church, Jesus came to take away our sins. In him IS no sin, currently not just in the past. 

Abide in him, stop sinning. Born of God? Look at your life's fruit. Practice righteousness in Love for people? Or practices sinning,  lawlessness, against people?

Practice sin. Habit, acquiring a skill or proficiency. Of the devil, God's son came to destroy the works of the devil. 

Psalm 14, Matthew 14 today. Get proficient in the Word.

We must desire truth and hate sin.
PSALM 25:5, Lead me in your truth and teach me, God of my salvation.  I wait all day long. When we love truth, we hate sin. 

Sin is born when we desire.  (James 1) take it to the Lord. 1 Cor 15:33, Bad company ruins good morals. Psalm 1, if your not an active participant in your own rescue - you have a problem. 

We must have a burning desire to change our lives (Gal 2:20, Christ in me living by faith, we will be like Jesus so one of us will have to change). Change is happening. Ecclesiastes 3:1. Malachi 3:6, Lord doesn't change  (his promise), therefore Jacob's children are not consumed.

Surrender and sacrifice our lives to the will of God. Romans 12:1 in view of God's mercy present yourself to God. Get out if the way, let God have you. 

We are the issue.  "I do what I do because I want what I want"

Thanks to Pastor John Steger, https://www.graceinthecity.org/