11/12/17

Soul food, feel good conversations about Jesus

I was listening to Andy Stanely's book "communicating God's word for a change"  - he talks about the idea for a totally simple Bible Study. One verse, two questions and people just talk about it. Me and friend at work talked today about having this concept work in the cafeteria. I thought having a catchy name would be good (as all employees would see it and want to find out more)...

 1, 2 and You: a word from Jesus and a couple of discussion questions applied to your life

Too convoluted or catchy? It's all yours...

I do like "Soul Food: feel good conversation about Jesus" - and selecting the "greatest hits" verses
Come to me all...I'll give you rest
Blessed are the pure in heart, they shall see God
Whoever has ears let them hear
You have heard, but I say
I've come to give you life
I am the way the truth and life

You get the idea. Share the loving kindness of God with the people you see everyday, pray and be receptive - God can do amazing things right in front of you.

In the lunch room (round table), meet weekly from noon to 12:30 every Thursday.

We’ll have note cards with one side, having a verse with reference
                other side; 2 questions (what/so what)
                "what does this look like in your life?", "what would it mean if we all...?"

Monthly Framework around Fruit of Spirit (Gal 5:22-23) to start
Jan Love, weekly verses selected using http://www.openbible.info/topics/love
Feb Peace, from http://www.openbible.info/topics/peace