12/2/17

The Eagle, the Parrot, the Ostrich and the Dove

Last night I had a dream, a dream I've had before. This dream, I've thought to write as a child's book, illustrated, clear and simple. It's a dream of four birds, an eagle, a parrot, an ostrich and a pigeon (dove). While just the sequence of birds seems in and of its self to tell a story. I've felt it good to write it down and maybe someday that child's book will be written if I meet that illustrator who wants to do it.

Thinking about the life, relationships and the kingdom of heaven Jesus said,  "Look at the birds" - Luke 12:22-34

The Eagle
He soars so high, sees so far, effortlessly glides on righteous air. His beauty is that he knows and does, his gifts he gives, he gives from love. In early morning, spots his prey, what he doesn't need he gives away. Is his beauty in mind or strength, or fashioned talons, beak or shape? His cry can be heard from near and far, reaching canyons, heavens, and hearts.

The Parrot
His beauty attracts a pirates heart and when the thief sees him, says "BRAAAK!...there you are." When change is needed, says, "SQUAAK...you can't change" This pretty bird, with clipped wings and a cage, seems content not working for wage. He repeats what he's told, but doesn't do much, might move side to side if he sees lunch. Give him a cracker, he's good for a joke, ask why he does it he'll say, "WHAAAK...look at these folks"

The Ostrich
From mighty descendence, a fierce family tree, he's strong and fast running and taller than me. He brags of the heritage, of dragons he came, like the mighty T-rex, his family name. Flock in a herd, safety in numbers, his nest egg is bigger than any others. When truth looks him up and mirrors show fear, his head dives for sand, his darkness is clear.

The Dove
The most abundant and crowded and not well liked, lonely and sad, picks dirt morning and night. He can't see tomorrow from the mess of today. When a shelter is found, that place will he stay. Not welcomed, despised and no hope in sight, until he is captured and given new light. Taught of a purpose of talent not seen, the pigeon sends messages, is part of a team.

Explanation:
 - Eagle, doing what we know is right from an attitude of thanksgiving and love. Be humble with the gifts given to you, use your voice to praise God and guide people.
 - Parrot, doing wrong or nothing at all just because everyone else is doing it harms you into apathy. But once captured can the Parrot ever survive in the wild? Don't repeat what you're told, but reflect on it.
 - Ostrich, resting on your family's wealth is a sure way to waste the unique talent God has given to you. Make an effort to find out why God has placed you here.
 - Dove, we can all be captured and trained. Be sure what captures you is good. Jesus said from the heart, the mouth speaks. Consider allowing God to capture your heart, rather than sin, the devil or this world. Carry the word of God, delivered and received.

Martin Luther said, "I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."

Update: 2018-01-21
I'm studying God's Sovereignty, Romans 9:18 and was thinking of who God has mercy on and in my own life, who do I have mercy on which brought me to Seven blessings in Revelation explain faith, eternal life and sanctification)... Then I thought about who God hardens, which brought me to my second most popular post: Lamb's seventh seal brings prayer and six trumpets for repentance
Rev 8:13 Then I looked, and I heard a single eagle crying loudly as it flew through the air, “Terror, terror, terror to all who belong to this world because of what will happen when the last three angels blow their trumpets.”
And yesterday my nephew was sharing his experience in Africa with homing pigeons.

Praying God's word for wisdom:
Psalm 25:4-5 - "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
James 1:5 - "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."
Psalm 16:7-8 - "I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
Psalm 32:8-9 - "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you."
John 16:13 - "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."

What about wealth?
Luke 12:22-34;Mark 12:41-44;Phil 4:10-19; 1 Cor 9:7-14

update 9-17-2020 Job 39:13-18
13 “The wings of the ostrich flap joyfully,
    though they cannot compare
    with the wings and feathers of the stork.
14 She lays her eggs on the ground
    and lets them warm in the sand,
15 unmindful that a foot may crush them,
    that some wild animal may trample them.
16 She treats her young harshly, as if they were not hers;
    she cares not that her labor was in vain,
17 for God did not endow her with wisdom
    or give her a share of good sense.
18 Yet when she spreads her feathers to run,
    she laughs at horse and rider.

update 4/18/2021, Hosea 7:11-12 amp
11 Ephraim also is like a silly dove (easily deceived and senseless NIV, witless NLT, gullible NASB, without understanding ASV, decoyed), without heart or good sense;
They call to Egypt [for help], they go to Assyria.
12 When they go, I will spread My net over them;
I will bring them down like birds of the heavens [into Assyrian captivity].
I will chastise them in accordance with the proclamation (prophecy) to their congregation.

 - Jesus said, "I am sending you out... be wise... innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16
 - "...be wise about what is good and innocent about what is evil." Romans 16:19
 - Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. Matthew 25:2

update 5/27/2021
Isaiah 40:31 ESV 
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.