3/29/18

Peace: the gift from God we are commanded to seek

I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid. I will remove wild beasts from the land, and the sword will not pass through your country. Leviticus 26:6

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. Psalm 34:14

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9

In English, the word “peace” conjures up a passive picture, one showing an absence of civil disturbance or hostilities, or a personly free from internal strife. The biblical concept of peace is larger than that and rest heavily on the Hebrew word shalom, which means “to be complete” or “to be sound”.

Questions
What did Jesus mean by “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.”?
How have you enjoyed the gift of God’s peace?
What have you done to share this with others?
With all the anger and hatred in our country, or the world, what can we do to live God’s command for us to seek peace?

Grace and mercy are the two side of the same coin. Living in grace and blessing is better than mercy and second chance. Will you decide to obey and follow through with obedience?  If you are not experiencing God's blessing, will you consider obeying God?

God helps us handle spiritual trials


No comments: