4/24/18

Blessed = spiritually healthy and fruitful

A friend reminded me to say, "be blessed" rather than "good day" or "good luck". Yesterday I met a nice young man collecting money for his basketball team. I gave him the money he needed and an extra dollar with a sticker inside: then I missed the opportunity to say, "be blessed" and the moment was passed.
Today I'm reading through the Psalms and praying for Scott's family as they are preparing for his dad's funeral this Friday, which is also my uncle Milts funeral. I was brought to the words of Songs of Ascent and then looked it up on https://www.gotquestions.org/Songs-of-Ascent.html

Thank you God for your precious promises to help us in our time of need. Thank you that we experience your blessing here on earth. Let us experience your comfort and promises new today. Thank you that you love us and give us peace and good fruit, that we can be a blessing to others. Guide me today Lord and thank you for reminding me of the journey home. Be with my friends and family as we prepare to put our loved ones to rest. Strengthen our bonds on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus name.

Psalm 120: God’s presence during distress
Psalm 121: Joyful praise to the Lord
Psalm 122: Prayer for Jerusalem
Psalm 123: Patience for God’s mercy
Psalm 124: Help comes from the Lord
Psalm 125: Prayer for God’s blessing upon His people
Psalm 126: The Lord has done great things
Psalm 127: God’s blessing on man’s efforts
Psalm 128: Joy for those who follow God’s ways
Psalm 129: A cry for help to the Lord
Psalm 130: A prayer of repentance
Psalm 131: Surrender as a child to the Lord
Psalm 132: God’s sovereign plan for His people
Psalm 133: Praise of brotherly fellowship and unity
Psalm 134: Praise to God in His temple

No comments: