4/12/18

Judgement day's evaluation questions

In my line of work, we look to define "completion criteria", in other words, we answer what does "done" look like. How will I know that what I've built meets the objective? What requirements must be fulfilled to know that I've successfully understood and met the object?

What idle (unused, inactive, lazy, empty) words did you speak? Matthew 12:36-37
 - they will either acquit (to behave) you or condemn (to blame) you.
 - Not many should become teachers in the Church, we will be judged more strictly. James 3:1
 - Jesus both lovingly corrected (Matthew 21) and rebuked teachers in his day.
 - On a side note, Matthew 21:8-11 Psalm Sunday is related to Festival of Tabernacles... Jesus teaches about Living Water at Festival of Tabernacles
 - much like "Lord, Lord...away from me I never knew you", "they honor with lips but hearts are far from him" (Matthew 7:21; Matthew 15:8; Isaiah 29:13)

What good or evil have you done on this earth? 2 Corinthians 5:9-10
 - The goal is to please God, knowing we must stand before Christ to be judged
 - We will receive what we deserve
 - Matthew 16:3 "...You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times."
2 Corinthians 10:7-11 "Judge by what we do", not "self-imposed worship, false humility and harsh treatment of the body" (Colossians 2:23)

Today, do I eagerly look forward to Jesus Christ appearing? 2 Timothy 4:8
 - The prize is a crown of righteousness as judged by Jesus the day of his return

Do I live in the light, knowing God's eye is always on me? Hebrews 4:13; 13:17
 - Obeying spiritual leaders, giving them joy
 - Accountable as a spiritual leader for the souls of others

Prayer: God help me to live each day in the light of your truth, help me to have eyes that see, ears that hear and heart that understands - So that I turn to you for healing and restoration each day. Give me your grace to follow where you lead.

Thank you, God, for reminding me of your Day and how it relates to "my day". 

No comments: