5/6/18

God's righteousness justifies the humble sinner

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable:
Luke 18:9 NIV
https://luke.bible/luke-18-9

For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.
Romans 10:3 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/rom.10.3.ESV

Luke 18:10-12, good religion for others to hear, rather than personal communion with God (like the other, Luke 18:13-14)

'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!'  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted."

God loves real, genuine, honest prayer.

Self-righteousness won't make me right with God.
- Abide in christ, draw near to God, believe and trust in Him John 15, Hebrews 11, 1 Peter 2
- Trust in Christ
Self-righteousness will taint the way you see other people.
- seeing ourselves in view of God's mercy and our actual life is necessary (Matthew 5:3-15, Romans 12:1-2
- Grace of God keeps people humble. I don't get the credit for my betting heart, breath of life, blood that keeps me alive. Every moment is a gift of God and I'm a steward of the gifts given.

No comments: