6/27/18

Expectations of the new covenant for Jews

Covenant is another word for promise. I was reading Rags to Riches, how the Holy Spirit changes us everyday and noticed this verse;

Hebrews 10:16; “This is the new covenant I will make
with my people on that day, says the Lord:
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”

I like how life is a cooperation with God, he leads we follow. He guides and directs and we obey. Psalm 119:11 says, "I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you" - that is to say, God brings understanding about his word, there is a spiritual discernment that occurs when we believe and obey.

Christianity is not about knowing facts, it's about the revealed truth that only God can give.

This video sums that idea up nicely
Why Jews Don't see Jesus in Isaiah 53, I like how he says that he's walking on the road to Emmaus and prays that there won't be any roadblocks, that he would gain divine revelation in the study of scriptures.


No comments: