9/9/18

Demonstration of the Spirit and of power

and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
1 Corinthians 2:4‭-‬5 ESV

Our purpose in ministry is about Christ Exalted
- not us leaving our mark

Faith in the power of God
- I went to God, gave him my life and He proved Himself true
- I received power when the Holy Spirit came upon me

Christ crucified for your sins and mine
- sin, not "issues"

Gospel just needs to be communicated

Be faithful to the gospel rather than be popular with people

Vulnerability in leaders is not a sign of weakness.

Fight against persuasion that is manipulative

But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God.
2 Corinthians 4:2 ESV

No comments: