10/2/18

Growth comes from being honest with God, come into the light (Jer 23:24)

I've been thinking about my habitual routine of hiding from God and how to break free from being fake with God. It's about being honest and asking Him for help. Pretty simple actually.

  • “Can a man hide in secret places where I cannot see him?” declares the LORD. “Do I not fill the heavens and earth?” declares the LORD. Jer 23:24
  • Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Heb 4:13
  • For His eyes are on the ways of man, and He sees his every step. There is no darkness or deep shadow where the workers of iniquity can hide. Job 34:21-22, their guilt is not concealed from My eyes. Jeremiah 16:17
  • Where can I go to escape Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? Psalm 139:7
  • Woe to those who dig deep to hide their plans from the LORD. In darkness, they do their works and say, "Who sees us, and who will know?" Isaiah 29:15
  • He reveals the deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with Him. Daniel 2:22

I came across this great resource Everything You Need to Know About Jeremiah, Some highlights:

  • When we choose sin instead of listening to Jesus, we reject God's defense and invite disaster on our lives.
    • Bad circumstances are not the result of God abandoning us
    • Our relationship with God is not based on our actions, but our connection to Jesus
  • Sin has consequences but God always forgives us when we return to Him.
    • God changes our lives by first changing our hearts.
  • God keeps His promises in His time
They say, "Wisdom comes with age, but often time age comes alone." when I build my house I bought little trees for $15 dollars and planted them. The trees below are all the same age. Notice the last one is about the same size it was when I purchased it. We can be like this. Stunted growth comes from not being real with God. 

This planted in Clay took a long time to break through and grow
This tree planted in sun, in topsoil and feed by the sprinkler is most massive
This tree is almost 10 years old planted in the shade, it's not growing

No comments: