10/19/18

Naomi sees redemption through Ruth, Boaz, and Obed (Ruth 1-4)

AIM: Godly families bring immeasurable blessing to the world through children

Key verses: 
"Ruth replied...Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God." - Ruth 1:16
"Praise the Lord, who has now provided a redeemer for your family...the son of your daughter-in-law who loves you...she cared for him as if he were her own...Obed. He became the father of Jesse and the grandfather of David." - Ruth 4:13-17

Ruth 1-4
A) Naomi looses everything heads home with Ruth
1:1-2) Judges ruled, famine, Elimelek from Bethlehem/Judah, wife Naomi, 2 sons Mahlon, Kilion to Moab
3-5) Elimelek died, sons married Orpah, Ruth, ten years - sons died
8-13) Naomi, go home daughters, find another husband, Lord's hand against me
14-18) Orpah left, Ruth clung - your my people, your God - my God

B) Naomi pushes Ruth a faithful worker to pursue Boaz
19-22) Ruth/Naomi to Bethlehem - call me Mara Almighty made my life bitter, afflicted me, misfortune
2:1-3) Boaz, clan of Elimelek - Ruth to fields anyone whose eyes I find favor (i.e. Boaz)
4-7) Boaz "Lord be with you" Lord bless you they answered, who's Ruth (Moabite with Naomi)
8-11) My daughter, stay here you'll be cared for because you cared for Naomi,
 - 12) " May the Lord repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge.”
13-16) Ruth "favor in your eyes, my lord, kindness", Boaz wine/bread plenty, said let her gather
17-23) Ruth gleaned, threshed until evening, gave left overs, told Naomi "LORD bless him!, kindness to living and dead, guardian-redeemers
3:1-8) Naomi plan, clean up, best clothes, when Boaz is wasted - uncover his feet, he'll direct you, Ruth does it

C) Ruth innocent in desire for guardian-redeemer, Boaz plan ends in LORD's blessing
9) “Who are you?” servant Ruth,” she said. “Spread the corner of your garment over me, since you are a guardian-redeemer of our family.”
10-18) LORD bless you daughter, woman of noble character, stay discreetly, closer relative will redeem, else I will - generous six measures of barley
4:1-4) Boaz, elders and close relative of Elimelek, redeem the land - I'll do it
5-8) includes Ruth Moabit, widow, I can't might endanger my own estate - you redeem it - sandal promise
9-12) I've bought from Naomi property of Elimelek, Kilion and Mahlon married Ruth, elders blessed Ruth famous in Bethlehem through offspring LORD gives
13-17) Boaz, Ruth LORD enabled her to conceive, Naomi cared for him: "Naomi has a son!" Obed, fahter of Jesse, father of David
18-22) Perez, father of Hezron, father of Ram, father of Amminadab, father of Nahshon, father of Salmon, father of Boaz, of Obed, Jesse, David



No comments: