10/20/18

The other side of me, what other people see

I've been working with mntc.org and workingforourfather.com, early this month I got to sit on a panel discussion about Faith in the Fortune 500 where I got to share my testimony. Something that stuck was a talk titled "the other side of me" - the idea of reflecting on how people are influenced by their perception of me. Life at work is all about communication and relationships. Here's my notes from the conference "work life peace"
High-performance teams: 1) communication, 2)  relationships,  alignment,  execution,  capacity
- physically safety,  it is okay to fail

Self-awareness
- liberating leader

Influence: how are people receiving me
- demonstrate, tolerate,  celebrate
- integrated life

Projecting Joy and appreciation for others
- stop pressing so hard, find security in Christ
- be present, listen.

Lord help me to be your light in the world, so that others may see you. As we start this week building bridges into our Mecca and Chai networks - may we be received with open hearts and minds. That we would be the leaders you've called and empowered us to be. Amen.

No comments: