10/5/18

Simple devotion to Christ, brings wisdom, protects against deceit and regret

2 Cor 11:3; Proverbs 5:11-14; 2:1-10
A) Simple, pure devotion to Christ is all that's needed
But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ. - 2 Cor 11:3

B) Regret:  A life lived well comes from listening to instruction and reproof
And you groan at your final end,
When your flesh and your body are consumed;
And you say, “How I have hated instruction!
And my heart spurned reproof!
I have not listened to the voice of my teachers,
Nor inclined my ear to my instructors!
“I was almost in utter ruin
In the midst of the assembly and congregation.” - Proverbs 5:11-14

C) If we're receptive to wisdom and ask for it, Lord reveals it to us
My son, if you will receive my words
And treasure my commandments within you,
Make your ear attentive to wisdom,
Incline your heart to understanding;
For if you cry for discernment,
Lift your voice for understanding;
If you seek her as silver
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will discern the fear of the Lord
And discover the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
He is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
Guarding the paths of justice,
And He preserves the way of His godly ones.
Then you will discern righteousness and justice
And equity and every good course.
For wisdom will enter your heart
And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; - Proverbs 2:1-10

Lord, you have made my soul still and refreshed my heart. I haven't been sleeping well thinking of all the big items in my work life and conversations I'll be having. But today I rest in you and I'm listening to your instruction and reproof. 

No comments: