11/29/18

Sin, enmity and our relationship with God


Thinking about our first FRED talk at work today on prayer. The idea came to me about our greatest problem is sin and our greatest need is a relationship with God. Sin puts enmity between us and God and only God can remove our sin and give us right standing with him. Prayer is the means that he has ordained for us to draw near to God and confess our sins to him. Jesus is our mediator and He and the Holy Spirit intercede on our behalf.
The Bible teaches we have 3 enemies, the Eph 2:1-3, the world, the flesh, and the devil
 - a "fleshly" disposition says "I do what I do, because I want what I want" -selfishness
The Holy Spirit opposes the flesh: Gal. 5:16-17
 - a "worldly" disposition says, "take all you can, no one will give it to you" -godlessness
The Father opposes the world: I John 2:15-17, the world tries to shape our thinking toward godlessness (John 15:18-25)
 - a "devilish" disposition says, "I do what I do, because I hate myself and others" - wickedness
The Son opposes the Devil: Luke 4I John 3:8 - Disposition is the power to deal with something as one pleases

No comments: