12/19/18

Everyone's choice: sacrilege or coram Deo


God's work in my life is harmonious, bringing clarity to my soul

  • Last Friday: Bob C at church gave me a shirt to promote men's ministry. "If we believe what we believe TO BE TRUE, how will we live our lives - and if we don't live it out, do we really believe it?"
  • During Christmas worship on Sunday as we sang "Gloria, in Excelsis Deo", my friend James asked me to look up coram Deo, he had forgotten it's meaning. 
  • On Monday I saw James (beggar with one foot), he remembered my name but I had forgotten his
  • Later Monday I met with James C, who surprises me with how "stuck" he is in his thinking.
  • Then Tuesday I met with Josh, who I haven't seen in a long time but support his CRU mission at St Thomas. It was great to catch up with him.
The big idea of the Christian life is coram Deo
To live all of life coram Deo is to live a life of integrity. It is a life of wholeness that finds its unity and coherency in the majesty of God. A fragmented life is a life of disintegration. It is marked by inconsistency, disharmony, confusion, conflict, contradiction, and chaos. 
The Christian who compartmentalizes his or her life into two sections of the religious and the nonreligious has failed to grasp the big idea. The big idea is that all of life is religious or none of life is religious. To divide life between the religious and the nonreligious is itself a sacrilege (violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred). 
“The big idea of the Christian life is coram Deo. Coram Deocaptures the essence of the Christian life.” 
This phrase literally refers to something that takes place in the presence of, or before the face of, God. To live coram Deo is to live one’s entire life in the presence of God, under the authority of God, to the glory of God.

So last night my friend Josh was telling me about thefour and how so many Christians feel that they have to work for God or do penance before contributing the kingdom. This reminded of a journey the Lord has traveled with me on, Lord, wash my feet and I got to share my testimony about a recent time I got real with God and he immediately set my path straight. God used this testimony to help Seth flush his drugs down the toilet a few weeks ago.

Application:
Why am I on the fence with drinking alcohol and falling back into old habits of thinking and behavior? It's like God tells me to do something and I say, yeah but God you made me this way... The fact remains God made me for greater things, so why aren't I walking the righteous path. My friend Bob C at church gave me a shirt to promote men's ministry. "If we believe what we believe to be true, how will we live our lives - and if we don't live it out, do we really believe it?"
Bible Verses About Vision
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. (Eph 1:3)

No comments: