12/19/18

Lord, wash my feet

When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, "Do you understand what I have done to you?...  If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them...  I am telling you this now, before it takes place, that when it does take place you may believe that I am he. - John 13:12‭, ‬17‭-‬17‭, ‬19 ESV

Seeing a person in slow motion, about to get hit by a truck. I hear the call "Go, it's you who can save their life", yet my feet are frozen.

Why can't I move?
My feet hurt, specifically, my toes hurt. I look at my feet and see what I've known for most of life. My feet are disgusting. So bad that I would leave my socks on for a pedicure. I'm ashamed of my feet.

This year I'm studying Romans. Romans starts with, "I am not ashamed of the gospel, it (the gospel) is the power of God unto salvation." How? God's grace, through faith. How? Faith comes by hearing the word about Christ, carried by feet that bring the good news (gospel) Isaiah 52:7.

Lord wash my feet is a journey I'm taking with the Lord, to heal me, removing what offends him and enable his grace to work in me, for his glory.
My heel has been bruised, but God will crush Satan under my feet
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."
Genesis 3:15 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/gen.3.15.ESV
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them... For your obedience is known to all, so that I rejoice over you, but I want you to be wise as to what is good and innocent as to what is evil. The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Romans 16:17‭,19‭-‬20 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/rom.16.17-20.ESV

Applications:
Jesus wants us to be light so that He can be seen to the lost
Trample scorpions, don't collect them (Luke 10:19)

No comments: