1/1/19

10 questions to ask to start the new....

In 10 Questions to Ask at the Start of a New Year or On Your Birthday, by Donald Whitney, he starts with this:
Once, when the people of God had become careless in their relationship with Him, the Lord rebuked them through the prophet Haggai. “Consider your ways!” (Haggai 1:5) he declared, urging them to reflect on some of the things happening to them, and to evaluate their slipshod spirituality in light of what God had told them.
The article encourages us to look at the direction we are headed and evaluate changes we want to make in order to get to where we want to be. To increase my enjoyment of God, I'll spend more time "with" him. What have I tried to accomplish on my own and failed at (with God all things are possible)? What are the dreams God's giving me for my family?
8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?

No comments: