7/15/19

Looking for God's personal leading as I follow his general leading.

Had a wonderful day with my Alpha MNTC friends at pastor Robs house. On the way Kim and I listened to Jesus, Continued Why the Spirit Inside You Is Better Than Jesus Beside You. Good practical book had a good line: "God stirs a bike that's being peddled" In other words as we do the general will of God, he guides us into his personal calling for us. Our spiritual gifts come together with our desires and natural ability and experience.

I've realized how easy it is to get off track and move away from the Lord but as I start my morning acknowledging him, asking for his guidance and reading his word - I realize the truth of "Morning by morning new mercies I see, all I have needed thy hand has provided. Great is thy faithfulness Lord unto me."

Before my trip to Myanmar I was planning a 40 day fast. It's not going well. I leave in less than 21 days and I've not started. So it will have to be on the way. I'm going to try and follow along with The-Purpose-Driven-Life 40 days idea and see what God has for me.

No comments: