7/16/19

It all starts with God , it's not about me (Day 1)

(In Jesus we see) God’s original purpose in everything created. For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible...everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him... (Jesus) holds it all together. Col 1:15-18 MSG

Points:
1) Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life's purpose. The Bible says self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way to find yourself (Romans 12:1-2)
 - Become what God created you to be, ask God to reveal this to you (rather than speculate as brilliant philosophers have done in the past)

It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone. Eph 1:11 MSG
1) Discovering purpose comes through a relationship wth Jesus Christ
2) God thought about me before I thought about him, I choose many significant things but I don't get to choose my purpose
3) Purpose fits into a larger cosmic purpose that God has designed for eternity

Question: In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?
 - Interesting point of view living For God, rather than With God (Five postures ministers take in relating to God (under, over, from, for, with)
http://purposedriven.com/day1/

No comments: