9/8/19

ACTS Prayer: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplications

Enjoying the new https://bsfprayer.org/weekly-prayer-guide/#intro and reminded on be

Focus verse:
“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.” – Acts 1:4b 
Adoration: Your plan alone, Lord, is complete. From the beginning of time, You ordained Your Son to be the Savior and the Holy Spirit to be the Advocate. You alone are all-knowing and all-seeing. (Acts 1:1-11)

Confession: So often I lose sight of Your power and purpose in my daily activities. Forgive me for taking You for granted and help me to treasure the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Thanksgiving: I thank you, Lord, for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Just as the disciples were baptized in Your Spirit at Pentecost, I too am filled with the Spirit that unites me with Christ and other believers forever. (Acts 1:4-5)

Supplications:
Global: Unify Your Church, just as the earliest Christians, to be “joined together constantly in prayer.” (Acts 1:14)

Local: You alone, Lord, “know everyone’s hearts.” Give us wisdom as we appoint local authorities, and guide those who lead our churches, BSF classes and communities. (Acts 1:24)

Personal: The same Holy Spirit that empowered the apostles is alive in me through Jesus. Help me to value that gift as I seek to be a witness “to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:6-8)

Whoever would draw near to God... those who seek him (Why we pray)
Jesus teaches about our role and God's role in Prayer (Luke 11:1-13,John 16:16-33)
Know that prayer changes things
God's sovereignty and our hope and faith in Jesus (Psalm 2-4, Matthew 2-4)

No comments: