11/20/19

Christ is greater in the rest he gives (Hebrews 3:7-4:13)

I just got a new book for Kim on Hebrews: Be Confident by Warren Wiersbe. I love this man and went directly to the passage commentary on Hebrews 3:7-4:13

The Holy Spirit says, “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts...
 - doubting and disbelieving God's word hardens our heart

I'm leading Alpha at MNTC this Saturday and was thinking of giving a brief testimony. When I came to Christ I remembered the promise from when I was younger, "Come to me and I will give you rest for your soul" Mathew 11:28-30.

We need to come to Jesus by faith and receive his promises (Eph 1:3, 11, 15-23).

Today we need to take heed of history (Heb 3:7-19), many didn't believe and they died.
 - an erring heart and disbelieving heart will also be a hard heart (Heb 3:12), therefore we encourage one another with God's truths (Heb 3:13).

Apostacy from the greek in Heb 3:12 literally means "departing from the living God." - yet the promise stands "as long as it's called today... don't harden your heart...

 - encourage one another daily, as long as it is called 'Today,' so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. Heb 3:13

No comments: