6/8/21

Intriguing variation in human experience, to choose or not to choose?

"choose" shows up 111 in the Bible. I was thinking about God's role in giving us Eyes that see, ears that hear and heart that understands and then read Many People Have a Vivid ‘Mind’s Eye,’ While Others Have None at All. One thing is for sure that God can and does give people a new perspective.

God chooses mercy and compassion

  • The Lord replied, “I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose. - Exodus 33:19

God wants us to ask him for mercy and compassion, Matthew 9:38

  • When He (Jesus) saw the crowds, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields. - Matt 9:36-38, Luke 10:2

Prayer empowers (Luke 6:12,13) and word (2 Thessalonians 3:1) for miraculous discernment (Acts 13:2) and service (Matthew 10:1)

Many choose hell (1) but you can choose to obey God (2)

  1. “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. - Matthew 7:13
  2. Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. Romans 6:16

Faith comes by hearing The good news of Jesus Christ and it's impact on everyone (Romans)


No comments: