10/30/21

Pursuing only Bible knowledge develops a student; pursuing God develops a disciple

 I'm enjoying https://generousgiving.org/ with my Alpha Board friends. Christian living experiences the truth of "the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ “

https://biblehub.com/acts/20-35.htm

In context, Paul was saying his last good by's to friends he wouldn't see again. He wasn't asking them for money but wanting them to remember his example "ministered to my own needs and those of my companions. (Acts 20:34)." He wanted them to devote themselves to God and the Gospel (Acts 20:32). The reason we aren't generous is covetousness, greed or desire to fill myself esteem (Acts 20:33:  “I have not coveted anyone’s silver or gold or clothing."). 

Jesus is our identity, he had it all, but treasured us so much that he left heaven to be born a baby and die on the cross. He did this because we are his treasure. In a thousand years what do I have now that I will have then? Relationship with God and his people. 

No comments: