10/17/21

Soul are you weary and troubled? Bless the Lord o my soul, worship his holy name

This morning I enjoy the Beatitudes, Blessings of Moses, explained by Jesus (Deuteronomy 28:1-14;Matthew 5:1-19). Praying for our BSF leaders and for the Lord's sanctifying work to be fully realized in all of us. Thanking God for healing and asking for wisdom. 

O soul are you weary and troubled, No light in the darkness you see, There's light for a look at the Savior, And life more abundant and free

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in his wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of his glory and grace

His word shall not fail you he promised, Believe him and all will be well, Then go to a world that is dying, His perfect salvation to tell

Psalm 34 goes with Matt 5:12-19, interesting that this overlaps the BSF weeks (5:1-16, 17-48). In my study yesterday I included vs 20 in my section of Matt 5:17,18,19,20) "Jesus came to accomplish the purpose of the law, making us righteous for the kingdom of heaven (Matt 5:17-20), the righteousness of religion must be surpassed to enter the kingdom of heaven"

Psalm 34:1-3) I will bless the LORD at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth, my soul boast in LORD, humble hear and rejoice, Exalt LORD's name together

4-7) Wretched I sought the LORD, He answered me, rescued me from all fears/troubles, look to Him = radiant, never ashamed

Matthew 5:12) Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, in this same way prophets before you

Tasteful, sunny disposition brings glory to God (Psalm 34:8, Matthew 5:13-16)

Psalm 34:9-10) Saints fear/seek the LORD, no lack of anything

11-14) Children listen to me, I teach fear of the LORD, desire life? Keep from speaking evil, deceit - turn from evil do good, seek peace and pursue it\

Psalm 34:15) Eyes of Lord toward the righteous, ears toward their cry for help

Matthew 5:17-19) Fear the Lord AND walk in the way of the Lord with trust and intimacy (Proverbs 3:7,12,32,10:29)

Bless the Lord oh my soul, Oh my soul, Worship His Holy name, Sing like never before, Oh my soul, I'll worship Your Holy name

The sun comes up, It's a new day dawning, It's time to sing Your song again, Whatever may pass, And whatever lies before me, Let me be singing, When the evening comes



No comments: