11/22/21

A) Joyful integrity experienced by learned whole-hearted obedience (Psalm 119:1-8)

Psalm 119, my friend Biran from Alpha at Faith Church shared a Bible study method where you read a Psalm and what verse is about God, the author or other people (Positive or negative).  We looked at Psalm 119 and I noticed that it reads like a prayer. The pattern of "God I know you want what's best for me, you've commanded it, I want this for myself and commit myself to learn and obey."


A) Joyful integrity experienced by learned whole-hearted obedience 

Psalm 119:1-3) Joyful, integrity, follow instructions of LORD, obey his laws, search for him whole-heartedly, uncompromised, walking only his paths

4) God charged US to keep commandments carefully

5-8) Joyful integrity: Actions consistently reflect God's decrees, life compared to God's standard is unashamed

 - Intention: Joyful integrity (knowledge and wisdom). Wisdom is like a perfect golf swing timing, form, precision, on a clear path - measured, challenging obstacles, clear goal. My mentor John Beck would always say "read, understand  and follow direction." He was the typing and accounting teacher at Kennedy high school in Bloomington MN. It was his influence that I built my career on. 

 - Thanksgiving: Living as I should (consistently reflecting God's mandates), always learning righteous regulations (rule, directive). 

 - Request: Dependance of God: "Please don't give up on me!" 


No comments: