2/9/22

Lost and Found God's way (Isaiah 65:1, Romans 10:20)

 Isaiah 65:1

  • And later Isaiah spoke boldly for God, saying, “I was found by people who were not looking for me. I showed myself to those who were not asking for me.” - Romans 10:20 
  • The LORD says, “I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me. I said, ‘Here I am, here I am!’ to a nation that did not call on my name. Isaiah 65:1 NLT "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me" NIV 

Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed, and the ears of those who hear will listen. The fearful heart will know and understand, and the stammering tongue will be fluent and clear. (Isaiah 32:3-4)

Faith comes by hearing the word about Christ (Romans 10:14-21)

Romans 10:17) Faith comes by hearing about Christ

 - Faith from witnessing God's power (Exodus 14:31), notice the belief, obey, witness progression here: (Exodus 11:1-15:21)

 - Faith because God's faithful, enduring love (2 Chronicles 7:6, John 3:16)

 - Faith because of personal experience, thoughtfully applied to God (Matthew 8:10,5-13)

 - Faith because of other people dragging us to Jesus (Luke 5:20,17-26) - Faith that causes us to go to Jesus and speak (Matthew 9:22,18-26)

No comments: