4/4/22

Don't be afraid of holiness, fear of God is with you (Ex 20:20, Isa 41:10, Romans 8:15)

I've found myself not ready for opportunities because of squandered time. Often we do the same ineffective things hoping for different results. My friend Rob shared a devotion on "fear not" which led me to these verses. 

  • Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.” Exodus 20:20
  • So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -  Isaiah 41:10
  • The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” - Romans 8:15

How do you know the fear of God is with you, what sins won't we do?

  • Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the Lord. - Leviticus 19:14
  • Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the Lord your God. - Leviticus 25:17
  • Do not take interest or any profit from them, but fear your God, so that they may continue to live among you. - Leviticus 25:36
  • Do not rule over them ruthlessly, but fear your God. - Leviticus 25:43

Their children, who do not know this law, must hear it and learn to fear the Lord your God as long as you live in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess. - Deuteronomy 31:13

What will the results be? 

 - Eyes that see, ears that hear and heart that understands

  • On that day the deaf will hear the words of the scroll, and out of the deep darkness the eyes of the blind will see. - Isaiah 29:18
  • Then the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. - Isaiah 35:5
  • I will lead the blind by a way they did not know; I will guide them on unfamiliar paths. I will turn darkness into light before them and rough places into level ground. These things I will do for them, and I will not forsake them. - Isaiah 42:16
  • Each will be like a shelter from the wind, a refuge from the storm, like streams of water in a dry land, like the shadow of a great rock in an arid land. Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed, and the ears of those who hear will listen. Isaiah 32:203

No comments: